Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Self Esteem





Self esteem is one of the things I struggle with, I think most of us do. Working out has been a great way for me to feel better about myself, not only do I feel strong and productive but the endorphins help balance all those nagging little thoughts of, you are not pretty enough, skinny enough, or good enough. But still every once in a while there are times when those thoughts get the better of me, I look in the mirror and can't figure out why I ever felt good about myself to begin with... I have realized I can't trust my eyes, because I'm not seeing what everyone else does. I try to trust the good I do see and what people say to me but it can be hard when what you are looking at seems to contradict what people are telling you. Many times I have wished I could see what everyone else sees, I recently found this one website that kind of does that


It is a site dedicated to women showing pictures of themselves, including weight and clothing sizes. The whole website is dedicated to showing what real normal women look like (every shape and size). They are not edited or photo shopped, but just raw and real. You can look up women who have the same stats as you and realize they look pretty good and if you saw them in the street, most likely you wouldn't judge them they way you judge yourself. You can also scroll through the gallery and realize what 'real people' look like, instead of a crazy 'ideal' that isn't really possible. I still struggle, I seem to go through ups and downs but it helps to realize I'm normal and normal is pretty good. 

0 comments:

z

Annie, age 29

About Annie

With everything I am responsible for at home, my ridiculous work schedule and my health problems, it makes it hard to keep working out on the front burner. But when I heard about this blog, I thought 'why not!'. I'm excited to get started and hopefully I won't die of exhaustion when this is all over!

Heléna, age 26

About Helena

I can't fit into my clothes! After getting married and being forced to eat my own cooking, I started gaining weight. The desk job didn't really help. I gained 30 lbs in the past year, and I can really feel it when I try to get dressed in the morning. I am really good at starting diet and exercise programs; but really bad at finishing them. And that's all about to change...

Body Fat Calculator



BMI Calculator

Height: feet
inch(es)
Weight: pounds

BMI:

If your BMI is You are...
Below 18.5 BMI Underweight
18.5 - 24.9 BMI Normal
25.0 - 29.9 BMI Overweight
30.0 - 34.9 BMI Obese
35.0 - 39.9 BMI Obese
40.0 - 49.9 BMI Extremely Obese

Button #1

Life in the Pitts

Button #2

Life in the Pitts

Followers