Monday, February 28, 2011

More Of The Same



So last week I posted about how on Sunday, I started feeling way better and that was true... for a few days anyway. Monday rolled around and my upper lip started to swell and my energy was pretty low, but I was able to workout out at Annie's. After that my week went down hill, let me give you a run down -

  • Sunday- Worked out doing the 6 week six pack and felt pretty good.
  • Monday- Lip started swelling and had low energy but worked out with Annie, Chantel and Helena (via skype). We did the 'awesome' dance workout...
  • Tuesday- Felt really crappy and spend most of the day barley moving but had an energy rush in the evening and used it to do the 6 week six pack.
  • Wednesday- Was my birthday and I felt the worst yet! I couldn't do anything but my wonderful husband made my day spectacular by taking care of me, playing games with me and cooking me a wonderful dinner. He spent the whole day doting on me! I didn't workout, hey it was my birthday!
  • Thursday- Decided not to workout, I wanted to see if working out was hindering my ability to get better.
  • Friday- Couldn't get out of bed.
  • Saturday- Wasn't much better.

As you can see my week has been super productive... Through it all I have had cold-like symptoms (I probably have a cold) and have had a swollen lip with a what looks like a 'cold sore' but worse... much worse.

As far as the challenges went, I did pretty good! I tried a new workout with Annie, Chantel and Helena, we picked it because of its awesome cover. I drank tons of water, like crazy amounts, at least 12 cups a day.... I have been trying to stay hydrated! I didn't write up a theme for myself (I was in bed most of the week) but I did think of one. I recited it everyday and I am going to write it up soon. My theme changed a little from when I first came up with it, originally it was 'Do It Today So You Don't Have To Do It Tomorrow' that is something that really helps me to just get stuff done. Thinking about the fact that if you don't do it now, you will still have to do it but you don't know what factors are going to come up later to make it harder or impossible get done 'later'. I changed it to 'Do It Today So You Have The Choice Tomorrow' That better stated it for me, you do it today because you still have a choice of when to get it done but if you wait, you just made your choice not to have a choice tomorrow. So in a nut shell it is just smarter to do it today :) both themes are what I have been trying to 'live' by and it is working well so far!

2 comments:

Chantel on March 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM said...

I like your theme! I might take yours too. It's very good. I'm sorry you were so sick, (if you even really were :-P) and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Annie on April 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM said...

It's okay to rest while sick. It's not like you don't work out every other day! I really like your theme.

z

Annie, age 29

About Annie

With everything I am responsible for at home, my ridiculous work schedule and my health problems, it makes it hard to keep working out on the front burner. But when I heard about this blog, I thought 'why not!'. I'm excited to get started and hopefully I won't die of exhaustion when this is all over!

Heléna, age 26

About Helena

I can't fit into my clothes! After getting married and being forced to eat my own cooking, I started gaining weight. The desk job didn't really help. I gained 30 lbs in the past year, and I can really feel it when I try to get dressed in the morning. I am really good at starting diet and exercise programs; but really bad at finishing them. And that's all about to change...

Body Fat Calculator



BMI Calculator

Height: feet
inch(es)
Weight: pounds

BMI:

If your BMI is You are...
Below 18.5 BMI Underweight
18.5 - 24.9 BMI Normal
25.0 - 29.9 BMI Overweight
30.0 - 34.9 BMI Obese
35.0 - 39.9 BMI Obese
40.0 - 49.9 BMI Extremely Obese

Button #1

Life in the Pitts

Button #2

Life in the Pitts

Followers