Monday, August 9, 2010




Last week I decided to whip out the 30 Day Shred and up my workouts, I didn't feel like I was pushing myself hard enough and since my goal has been to work out 3 times a week, I decided those workouts would be 'the Shred'. I am happy to report I did what I set out to do and completed 3 days of the '30 Day Shred' it was really tough but I actually really enjoyed myself, I pushed myself harder then I ever have doing it and it felt great! I felt powerful, one of my unofficial goals was to be able to do the whole thing without stopping or taking any breaks, I wanted to do every single move and not miss anything. It was crazy but I did it! This week was the first time I have been able to complete every move (I usually stop for a minute and catch my breath) and it was awesome, I felt a real since of accomplishment. But don't think that it was easy for me though, my husband said it sounded like I was doing karate downstairs because of all the grunting and strange noises I was making! At one point I was talking myself into keeping with it-

"you can do it"

"I don't know if I can..."

"but you are almost done!"

"I hope so because I'm about to die!"

I must have sounded like a lunatic but it helped! Another interesting side effect of pushing myself so hard was that I wanted to work out more, I had been doing it every other day but I all the sudden wanted to workout on my off days too. I knew I wouldn't be able to do a full body workout (I needed my off day to heal!) but I figured that I could do ab workouts (they are my favorite to workout anyway!) So last week I ended up working out a total of 5 days, 3 were 'the Shred' and 2 were just abs!

This week I think I will continue with 3 days of the 30 Day Shred and do the next level workout on the DVD, hopefully I will be able to continue to push myself and keep my momentum up!


6 comments:

Annie on August 10, 2010 at 6:54 AM said...

I love that you make exercise noises. That rocks! Good Job!

Helena on August 10, 2010 at 7:09 AM said...

I love your conversation with yourself! It cracked me up. And I'm so proud of you- I hear that DVD is really hard!

Chantel on August 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM said...

Hahaha! that's awesome... this makes me want to make karate noises while working out. Sounds fun.

I've never had that conversation out loud, but I've had similar conversations in my head while doing the 30 day shred.

Amber on August 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM said...

Thanks guys!
Chantel- I normally have that conversation in my head too but man, that workout was killing me! It was the only way to get through it :)

Fox and Amy on August 10, 2010 at 7:57 PM said...

Go Amber! Okay, would you ever do the shred 30 days in a row? I tried to do it when I first got the DVD, but by day 10 I wanted to punch Jillian in the face (You can do it guys! as she just walks around spotting people but not exercising herself!). I do love that it's such a fast workout and super effective, though.

Helena on August 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

Amy, that cracked me up! I can't picture you punching anyone. But I'm glad you want to sometimes.

z

Annie, age 29

About Annie

With everything I am responsible for at home, my ridiculous work schedule and my health problems, it makes it hard to keep working out on the front burner. But when I heard about this blog, I thought 'why not!'. I'm excited to get started and hopefully I won't die of exhaustion when this is all over!

Heléna, age 26

About Helena

I can't fit into my clothes! After getting married and being forced to eat my own cooking, I started gaining weight. The desk job didn't really help. I gained 30 lbs in the past year, and I can really feel it when I try to get dressed in the morning. I am really good at starting diet and exercise programs; but really bad at finishing them. And that's all about to change...

Body Fat Calculator



BMI Calculator

Height: feet
inch(es)
Weight: pounds

BMI:

If your BMI is You are...
Below 18.5 BMI Underweight
18.5 - 24.9 BMI Normal
25.0 - 29.9 BMI Overweight
30.0 - 34.9 BMI Obese
35.0 - 39.9 BMI Obese
40.0 - 49.9 BMI Extremely Obese

Button #1

Life in the Pitts

Button #2

Life in the Pitts

Followers